Prayer #1 — Collect for the 4th Sunday After the Epiphany (BCP 215):
Almighty and everlasting God, you govern all things both in heaven and on earth: Mercifully hear the supplications of your people, and in our time grant us your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer #2 — (BCP):
Prayer #3 — “Depth of Mercy” (Charles Wesley):
1. Depth of mercy! Can there be mercy still reserved for me? Can my God his wrath forbear, me, the chief of sinners, spare? // 2. I have long withstood his grace, long provoked him to his face, would not hearken to his calls, grieved him by a thousand falls. // 3. I my Master have denied, I afresh have crucified, oft profaned his hallowed name, put him to an open shame. // 4. There for me the Savior stands, shows his wounds and spreads his hands. God is love! I know, I feel; Jesus weeps and loves me still. // 5. Now incline me to repent, let me now my sins lament, now my foul revolt deplore, weep, believe, and sin no more. (Lyrics & Music)
Thanks to HymnSite.com for providing this public domain midi file and text.
Covenant Group Guidelines:
1. What was your devotional life like this week? How did God use the Scriptures in your life? What prayers or readings were significant for you?
2. When did you feel closest to Christ this week?
3. How did you fail Christ as his disciple this week?
4. What story could you share of growth and faithfulness in following Jesus?
5. How could we best pray for you regarding your walk with Christ as his faithful follower?