Prayer #1 — Collect for the 6th Sunday After the Epiphany (BCP 216):
O God, the strength of all who put their trust in you: Mercifully accept our prayers; and because in our weakness we can do nothing good without you, give us the help of your grace, that in keeping your commandments we may please you both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer #2 — (BCP):
Prayer #3 — “O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing” (Charles Wesley):
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer’s praise, the glories of my God and King, the triumphs of his grace! // 2. My gracious Master and my God, assist me to proclaim, to spread through all the earth abroad the honors of thy name. // 3. Jesus! the name that charms our fears, that bids our sorrows cease; ’tis music in the sinner’s ears, ’tis life, and health, and peace. // 4. He breaks the power of canceled sin, he sets the prisoner free; his blood can make the foulest clean; his blood availed for me. // 5. He speaks, and listening to his voice, new life the dead receive; the mournful, broken hearts rejoice, the humble poor believe. // 6. In Christ, your head, you then shall know, shall feel your sins forgiven; anticipate your heaven below, and own that love is heaven. (Lyrics & Music)
Thanks to HymnSite.com for providing this public domain midi file and text.
Covenant Group Guidelines:
1. What was your devotional life like this week? How did God use the Scriptures in your life? What prayers or readings were significant for you?
2. When did you feel closest to Christ this week?
3. How did you fail Christ as his disciple this week?
4. What story could you share of growth and faithfulness in following Jesus?
5. How could we best pray for you regarding your walk with Christ as his faithful follower?