Prayer #1 — Collect for the 1st Sunday After Christmas (BCP 213):
Almighty God, you have poured upon us the new light of your incarnate Word: Grant that this light, enkindled in our hearts, may shine forth in our lives; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Prayer #2 — (BCP):
Prayer #3 — “Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Skies” (Charles Wesley):
Christ, whose glory fills the skies, Christ, the true, the only light, Sun of Righteousness, arise, triumph o’er the shades of night; Dayspring from on high, be near, Daystar, in my heart appear.
Dark and cheerless is the morn unaccompanied by thee; joyless is the day’s return, till thy mercy’s beams I see; till they inward light impart, cheer my eyes and warm my heart.
Visit then this soul of mine; pierce the gloom of sin and grief; fill me, Radiancy divine, scatter all my unbelief; more and more thyself display, shining to the perfect day. (Lyrics & Music)
Covenant Group Guidelines:
1. What was your devotional life like this week? How did God use the Scriptures in your life? What prayers or readings were significant for you?
2. When did you feel closest to Christ this week?
3. How did you fail Christ as his disciple this week?
4. What story could you share of growth and faithfulness in following Jesus?
5. How could we best pray for you regarding your walk with Christ as his faithful follower?