Prayer #1 — Collect for the 2nd Sunday After the Epiphany (BCP 215):
Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light of the world: Grant that your people, illumined by your Word and Sacraments, may shine with the radiance of Christ’s glory, that he may be known, worshiped, and obeyed to the ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Prayer #2 — (BCP):
Prayer #3 — “Come, Let Us Use the Grace Divine” (Charles Wesley):
1. Come, let us use the grace divine, and all with one accord, in a perpetual covenant join ourselves to Christ the Lord; Give up ourselves, thru Jesus’ power, his name to glorify; and promise, in this sacred hour, for God to live and die. // 2. The covenant we this moment make be ever kept in mind; we will no more our God forsake, or cast these words behind. We never will throw off the fear of God who hears our vow; and if thou art well pleased to hear, come down and meet us now. // 3. Thee, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, let all our hearts receive, present with thy celestial host the peaceful answer give; to each covenant the blood apply which takes our sins away, and register our names on high and keep us to that day! (Lyrics & Music)
Thanks to HymnSite.com for providing this public domain midi file and text.
**consider Wesley’s quote on the Lord’s Supper in Sermon #26 and from #16 on “The Means of Grace”
Covenant Group Guidelines:
1. What was your devotional life like this week? How did God use the Scriptures in your life? What prayers or readings were significant for you?
2. When did you feel closest to Christ this week?
3. How did you fail Christ as his disciple this week?
4. What story could you share of growth and faithfulness in following Jesus?
5. How could we best pray for you regarding your walk with Christ as his faithful follower?